By Rob Robinson
It has become apparent by now that the world has entered a new period of time that is unparalleled in all of human history.
Marked acceleration of natural disasters that include Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Nuclear Meltdown, Rioting, Violence and dramatic increases in sin and lawlessness. These events are not mere happenstance, they are voices speaking of a greater Tribulation that is to come.
Jesus said that in this world we would experience Tribulation. Then He added that we should be of good cheer because He has overcome the world:
John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
It may be that by these words, Jesus was giving us an advanced warning of a pre-tribulation period that would occur before the seven-year tribulation described in the Book of Revelation.
Just as a woman who is about to give birth, will experience the birth pains associated with the immanent arrival of her child, we are experiencing the birth pains of a coming tribulation that will lead to the return of Jesus for His church.
John 16:21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
John 16:22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
It is for certain that before the seven-year tribulation begins, the church of Jesus will be raptured from the earth, just as Jesus promised, and Paul wrote of.
What is uncertain is what the days will be like just prior to Jesus’ removal of the church from the earth
Because Jesus warned us that we would have to endure tribulation, it may be that the time we are presently experiencing, is a precursor to the worst that is yet to come. There is great possibility that because of the immense worldwide events that are taking place right now, that Jesus’ return may be imminent.
The unrest in the middle east has been orchestrated by one of the principal players in the prophetic events of the last days. Iran and her leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have the agenda that includes the total destruction of Israel. Ahmadinejad believes that God has uniquely chosen him to usher in the Islamic savior who will unite all Muslim nations together.
When these nations come to attack Israel as described in Ezekiel chapter 38-39, Iran will be coming with them.
Ezekiel 38:5 Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet…
This attack on Israel seems to occur either just prior to the Rapture, or shortly thereafter. If Iran is indeed currently moving into closer relationship with the other nations that are listed in Ezekiel 38, this would be an indication that Jesus’ return for His Church is very close.
We are experiencing an unprecedented number of Natural disasters that include Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Floods, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Fires and Torrential Rain.
Among those who study weather trends and keep track of the number of natural disasters that happen in the world, a new study shows that there has been a “Dramatic rise in natural disasters in the past 10 years”.
From 2000 to 2009, there were 385 natural disasters on the earth. This is an alarming 233 percent increase from the previous 10 year period from 1980-1989.
The largest increase in natural disasters was in the area of earthquakes.
Since 1990 there have been 16 major earthquakes, with an average magnitude of 7.2. This is the first time in recorded history that the world has experienced such a high number of catastrophic earthquakes from all over the planet.
Since 1960, there have been 22 major earthquakes, 14 over 7.0 magnitude. since 1960; 1.2 million people have lost their lives due to a major earthquake.
- March 11, 2011 Japan; magnitude 9.0; at least 20,000 killed
- January 12, 2010: Haiti; magnitude 7.0; 316,000 killed
- May 12, 2008: Sichuan, China; magnitude 7.9; 68,712 killed
- October 8, 2005: Kashmir, Pakistan; magnitude 7.6; 79,000 killed
- December 26, 2004: Indonesia; magnitude 8.5; 230,210 killed
- December 26, 2003: Southeastern Iran; magnitude 6.5; 26,271 killed
- May 21, 2003: Northern Algeria; magnitude 6.8; 2,300 killed
- March 25, 2002: Northern Afghanistan; magnitude 5.8; 1,000 killed
- January 26, 2001: India; magnitude 7.9; 19,727 killed
- September 21, 1999: Taiwan; magnitude 7.6; 2,400 killed
- August 17, 1999: Izmit, Turkey; magnitude 7.4; 45,000 killed
- January 25, 1999: Western Colombia; magnitude 6.0; 1,171 killed
- May 30, 1998: Northern Afghanistan; magnitude 6.9; 5,000 killed
- January 17, 1995: Kobe, Japan; magnitude 7.2; 6,000 killed
- September 30, 1993: Latur, India; magnitude 6.0; 10,000 killed
- June 21, 1990: Manjil-Rudbar, Iran; magnitude 7.3-7.7; 50,000 killed
- December 7, 1988: Northwest Armenia; magnitude 6.9; 25,000 killed
- September 19, 1985: Central Mexico; magnitude 8.1; 9,500 killed
- September 16, 1978: Northeast Iran; magnitude 7.7; 25,000 killed
- July 28, 1976: Tangshan, China; magnitude 7.8-8.2; 240,000 killed
- February, 4 1976: Guatemala; magnitude 7.5; 22,778 killed
- February 29, 1960: Atlantic coast, Morocco; magnitude 5.7; 12,000 killed
There has been no other period in all of history with as many worldwide events happening all at the same time, as this period that we are living in right now. If we are paying attention to the signs that the Bible warns us to watch for, then we cannot mistake this period of time as being any other than the time of the return of Jesus Christ and the beginning of the seven-year Tribulation.